White's Hotels is aware that its business activities impact upon the environment and is committed to ensuring these activities have the least possible detrimental effect. A large number of our family hotels are situated in the Burren, Co. Clare, since 2019 Whites are active members of B.E.N. (Burren Ecotourism Network). Whites are committed to taking the steps necessary to having a greener Ireland.
B.E.N. has three specific aims:
* The development of a self-sustaining ecotourism network of accredited Burren businesses with a Burren ecotourism brand.
* The promotion of the Burren as an accredited ecotourism destination.
* The provision of continued training, mentoring and accreditation in ecotourism for businesses interested in joining the network.
We are committed to:
Assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce our carbon footprint and improving our resources efficiency through reduction of energy, water use and waste.
Promoting environmental and energy awareness in our employees through participation and training.
Working with our customers to make more environmentally sensitive choices.
Monitoring our progress to ensure ongoing improvements in our environmental performance.
Carefully monitor our Waste Disposal and aim to minimise the quantity of waste going to landfill.
Keep purchases where possible with local producers.
Eliminating as much single use plastic as possible within our property.
We encourage our guests to:
* Take public transport where possible, cycle or walk where possible particularly around the Burren countryside.
* Reuse your towels.
* Turn off lights and electronic when leaving their rooms.
* Use our water refill station instead of buying plastic water bottles.
* Close Bedroom windows if you turn the heating on.
* Leave no trace when sightseeing, pick up your litter and do not pick any wild flowers.
* Respect the Burren & Ireland's Wildlife and no not interfere with it when sightseeing.
For more info look up the following on the Burren Geo Park and B.E.N. visit